Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Beach

{Photo © C.J. Delessio 2009}



Summertime means beach time,
My favorite place to be.
The smell of the salty water in the air
Brings back many memories.
Walking on the sandy beach collecting seashells
Was how I spent my days.
Listening to the crashing waves
Was a sweet lullaby.
What I wouldn’t give
To be there once again.
To feel the sand beneath my toes and
To feel the water wash across my feet.

© C.J. Delessio 2014

 

** The NaPoWriMo prompt for today was to write a poem describing something using 3 of the 5 senses. I chose the beach of the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I grew up going to the beach multiple times a year. I have always loved the beach and the memories of my childhood. The picture above is one I took at the Outer Banks in 2009. **

No comments: